- Click “Passwords” tab on the main menu.
- Click “Add” on the top menu bar.
- Input Title, Username, Url, Category and Note if it is needed.
- You can input your password from the keyboard or let QBKEY software to generate the passwords for you by clicking “Generate”. It is recommended to let QBKEY software to generate passwords for you.
- You can configure the password combination in the Password Generator.
- Then, a sample password will show up, but this is not the generated password. It is just an example to show you what your configured password would look like.
- The generated password will be shown right below the sample password as a blur. Hover your mouse over the blurred password to view the actual password. This feature helps prevent others nearby from seeing your password.
- Click the “Refresh” button on the right to change the generated password.
- Click “OK” if you are satisfied with the generated password.
- Then click “Save” to save everything into the vault.
In the left navigation bar, you can manage your passwords in this vault.
Video: Adding Passwords.
Copy password and user name¶
Navigate to the password you want to use, then click “Copy password” to copy it to the clipboard. You can paste it to where this password is required.
You can also use Ctrl+C or double clicking on the password you selected for copying the password to the clipboard.
Or right click the password you selected and click “copy password” in the context menu bar.
Copy user name¶
Right click the password you selected and click “copy Username” in the context menu bar.
View as QR code¶
Navigate to the password you want to use, then Click View as QR code. Your password will be shown as a QR Code. You need to hover your mouse over to the QR code before scanning it by your mobile device. Then the password will be copied to your mobile device. It is recommended to use QBKEY Mobile Companion Software to scan the QR code. The companion software will copy the password from the QR code to the clip board of your mobile device, then you can paste it to where this password is required. The companion software will self-destroy the password within a certain time to reduce the risk of password leaking.
Navigate to the password you want to edit and click “Edit password”. Then you can make your desired changes. Click “Save” when finished.
Navigate to the password you want to delete and click “Delete password”. Click “Yes” to confirm.